Frequently Asked Questions
What are the features of the AERO-FLEX® Trimming System?
- Flexible Line Blades fit to its own special head, and cap assembly. Hardware is available to allow easy fit to over 99% of all gas trimmers.
- The Patented AERO-FLEX® system replaces current unreliable, monofilament cutting line systems, brittle plastic blades, and some metal bladed applications often utilized with handheld grass trimmers and brushcutters
- Easy Reloading – In a snap
- Efficient, streamlined, and powerful trimming operation
- They are aerodynamically streamlined for low drag which saves power
- The nylon line blades have a flexible impact hinge (very durable and reliable)
- They are very powerful and strong
- Makes your trimming job a more pleasant experience. You can operate very efficiently at very low RPM’s.
- The bright reflective orange & yellow colors create a visible cutting swath (under most light conditions) enabling the operator to observe and utilize it for additional control as you feed the trimmer into real sensitive areas. This feature is not available with conventional round line which operates with an invisible swath.
Why are conventional (monofilament line) trimmer systems so frustrating?
But now, Aero-Flex<sup><sup>®</sup></sup> Technologies, Inc. has the scientifically engineered solution.
The problem is substantially reduced with the AERO-FLEX<sup><sup>®</sup></sup> flexible, impact absorbing line blade system that is scientifically engineered to reduce operating stresses that cause the failures thus dramatically reducing down time. High RPM’s are the major contributing culprit combined with the weak monofilament line that inherently needs high speed to generate itself as a vegetation cutting member. Repeated impacts to the thin line cause rapid fatigue and overstress resulting in a continuous breakage/replenishment process. If you slow it down it doesn’t cut well.
What are the causes of monofilament line failures?
How does Aero-Flex® Technologies solve these problems?
Can the line blades cut along a fence row without the usual harassing line failures?
What is the benefit of low drag from aerodynamic streamlining?
How long do the AERO-FLEX® Flexible Line Blades last compared to conventional line?
Comparative abrasion testing with an equivalent length of AERO-FLEX® line blades will outlast round line while at high speeds by at least 20:1. Round line cannot cut at very low RPM’s, but AERO-FLEX® line blades will continue to cut and will operate 50x farther (without stopping) against the most abrasive surfaces until there is need for replacement. This is accomplished by operating at part throttle. In heavy vegetation, round line snags and pulls out of the head where as AERO-FLEX® line blades keep on going and impressively demonstrates an incredible capability to slice into heavier vegetation. Under these rough impact conditions, AERO-FLEX® line blades will eventually reach a fatigue limit and break, thus needing replacement.
How much fuel does it save?
Why do AERO-FLEX® line blades cut heavy vegetation so well?
Why are there orange and yellow line blades?
Is there an easier line color selection process?
Are there benefits to 2 yellow with 2 orange?
Are there benefits to using all 4 orange or all 4 yellow?
While we recommend a leading round edge for trimming (which captures the many efficiencies), there is a way (see Chart below) to select the sharp edge which requires a specialized cutting technique. However, you should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of each choice.
- Round side cutting offers the best in drag reduction, lower noise, downdraft air for blowing away debris, tends to throw more objects downward, and higher energies for cutting heavier vegetation. Use all 4 orange for counterclockwise and all 4 yellow for clockwise rotation
- Sharp side cutting offers a very clean, high quality cut on finer grass (to reduce grass “browning”). The updraft will pull grass up (like rotary mower) while it is being cut. It will lose its quietness and lower drag features when the intended airfoil is run in reverse. Use all 4 yellow for counterclockwise and all 4 orange for clockwise rotation